Monday, January 17, 2011

Mojo Monday 174

Not another scallop trim border!!
WOW!  That is so theraputic.  I'm always working so hard to make cards for my stamp camps that I never really sit down and create something so ornate.  This is a VERY busy card, but something about it says, "I love you".  I just don't know who to give it too.  My husband might gag :)  I thought I would tie in today's Mojo Monday with my theme for this week...
VALENTINE'S DAY!!  
I hope you can sit down this week and focus on yourself.  Just use what you have and then be proud of it.  The DSP (designer series paper) used in this project comes from our filled with love promotion.  The best thing about the paper is you can use it all year round.  Pink and Red can be used on anything.  So, this promotion doesn't become irrelevant after February 14th. 


Here's a reminder.
 Supplies: 
stamp set: Filled with Love
paper: whisper white, pretty in pink, real red (sliver in button), Designer Series Paper Patterns Love

ink: real red, early espresso (sponged around edge of white)
Tools: paper piercing tool, 2-3/8" scallop punch, 1-3/4" scallop punch, scallop trim border punch, beautiful butterflies die, beautiful wings embosslit, perfect polka dots embossing folder, bitty buttons, small heart punch, dimensionals, epoxy red brad (retired), pink pirouette ribbon (on clearance rack), library clip (available on clearance rack), corner punch, 


Tips on making the card:

Check an earlier post for a video tutorial on how to make the scallop trim border squares and rectangles.  The flower was inspired by the February Stampin' Success.  Pick whatever size scallop circle punch you have.  Punch out 7 scallops.  I actually spritzed them with a solution (1/2 water, 1/2 rubbing alcohol) to break down the fibers.  I then crumbled them up as tightly as I could and then carefully flattened them out.  Using the paper piercing tool, pierce through all layers and put a brad through to hold them together.  Then, fluff them up as tightly or loosly as you like.  Ta-Da! 

I did have to cut through 1 scallop on the trim to get the ribbon to fit through.  

I also added a sliver of real red cardstock through the button.

I think that's it!  Thanks for checking in.  It's a Valentine's week so I hope you are in the mood for love... 










































































































































2 comments:

Dori Shelton said...

There is definitely a lot going on with this card; but that's ok because you know what, it all works very well together! I love the flower. Thanks for the tutorial on how to do it.
Great card, thanks for sharing!

Hi! I'm Karen Jo. said...

Beautiful!