Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Diaper Cake

I'm sure by now, everyone has heard of a diaper cake.  I am having a baby shower for my friend this weekend and this is one of 4 cakes I will make to be table centerpieces.  This one is the medicine themed one.  The diapers I used were all kinds of crazy colors so I had to cover all the diapers in each layer.  Next time I'll buy white diapers.  I'll just post each cake as I make it.  This was made using only Stampin' Up! products so you can easily do this at home :)
Supplies: 
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Tools: eyelet border punch, beautiful butterflies die, Big Shot
Accessories: Pretty in Pink 1-1/4" grosgrain ribbon (got off clearance a long time ago)

If you want more details on how to make the inners of the cake, just do a search for diaper cake recipe online and more than you'd like will pop up :)

Hopefully I'll have another one to share tomorrow :)



 Here is an incredible cake designed by Kristy Copperfield.  These are cupcakes.  I wish I had seen this one before I bought my diapers.  If I had gotten white ones, I could have made this one.  The die used to make this, baskets and blooms, is retiring!




Don't forget you have 9 days to grab the retiring products :) Click on the picture to the right to see all the retiring products.  I can't wait to get the new catalog and it is coming Friday!  Please let me know if you want one.  If you are in my stamp club, you will get it for free, if not, they are $5 if you respond to me before July 1st.  They are $10 after that.

1 comments:

ediapercakes said...

Your cupcakes looks adorable!