Monday, July 11, 2011

Love my painter!

I have gotten to know our painter over the last year.  He is a great guy!  After each job, I have given him a card to share with his wife.  He really loves my cards.  Kinda funny for a big black guy :)  He asked me if I would make him some thank you cards to give his customers.  I said sure thing.  Then he said he wanted 50 of them.  Lucky for me, I know how to barter :)  I made cards for him and he is painting my bathroom.  Win/win for everyone!

I did something a little naughty.  I bought a product that we don't sell.  I knew we didn't sell an embossing folder that looked like a piece of wood, but I did a search and of course they are out there.  I got a woodgrain one and a brick one.  The plus to this is, you have to have the Big Shot!!!  You can get so many great products to use with it!

Anyway, here is the card I made for Russell.
I love embossing folders and I plan to use this one with our owl punch!  Add some leaves on the side and it's gonna be a beauty!  I wish we sold this!  So, I made this simple b/c I don't think a contractor wants a frilly, girly card.  So, pretty plain on the front and on the inside, but I think it is just what the doctor ordered!  Here's the inside.
Just a quick thanks on the inside with his business card attached with 1 gluedot for easy removal straight to the address book.  Also took the time to emboss the flap of every envelope.  I hope he loves it!  In addition to getting the bathroom painted, I also have all my info on the back of each card.  That's free advertisement to 50 people I didn't otherwise know! Yea for me!  Maybe I'll get one new customer from it?

Gotta start getting the house ready for me to be gone for a few days to convention.  Boy...it's more work than being here!  Can't wait to get on that plane and just relax for 4 hours on the way out to Salt Lake!  I am sad that I will miss the Harry Potter opening though :)

4 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Perfect for your contractor Beth! Great job! Embossing Folders are one of my favorites too! I can't craft without my Big Shot! Your embossed white envelope is a perfect compliment to the note card.! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Love this! Where did you find the folders at?
~Judy

Anonymous said...

Hey Judy. I just did a search for woodgrain embossing folder. There are so many really neat designs out there. I'm sure SU! will be adding as many as they can with each new publication. They are so popular!

Carol said...

I have the same two folders and love them both! The thank you cards are wonderful...have a feeling you have a new 'customer'....glad you did your barter so you get the best part of the deal!