Tuesday, July 5, 2011

More My Digital Studio

I won't have diarrhea of the mouth today.  I went on a little too much yesterday.  Today's post is of pages from Katie's first year scrapbook.  I was all excited to get started on her album before she was even born.  I bought the nursery necessities DSP (designer series paper) and the matching elements.  I even went to the trouble to make the album and then all I would have to do it pop pictures in as the months passed.  Well, it's a week from her bday and I had given myself a deadline....album complete by her birthday.  I didn't have time to do it with paper and glue.  I loved the saffron houndstooth 12x12 album I bought so I ended up just buying individual pages to slide in the page protectors I already had.  It's cheaper than buying a bound book.  I'll show you one of those later this week.  So, I saved some money and was able to use product I already had.  I pulled all the premade pages out and donated them to my downline, Dominique, who was collecting all things scrap for the victims of the tornadoes that hit our area about 2 months ago.  Win/win for everyone!    man...I'm doing it again...too much talking, not enough pictures!  Just show me the pictures, Beth!!
Here is the opening page from her album.  I purchased the digital version of the Nursery Necessities Simply Scrappin Kit and made what I was going to do by hand, but this was MUCH faster!

Here is the page where I showcased her announcement.  You can pick the background paper and then add as many layers as you like.  When you choose the elements to add to the page, they will go on exactly the same size as the stickers they sell in the catalog.  If you buy both, you can put the stickers on for a 3D affect.  If you want them bigger you just resize them.  That's what I did here.
One great thing about MDS is it has pre-made photo layouts.  When I had a page I knew I wanted to cover in pictures, I just picked the 3x3 or 4x4 pre-made layout and it automatically appeared.  Then I dragged on some elements and there you go.  So, you can spend hours on a page like you would with paper or you can use the pre-made templates.  There are several to chose from.  Page layouts and photo layouts.
Here's another one of the pre-made layouts.  This is my favorite picture of her from her bday.  Here's a video to show you what I am talking about :)

1 comments:

Carol said...

The album is wonderful and she is absolutely adorable!