Sunday, August 7, 2011

YUM....Pear Espresso Cake

I have had a BLAST making this paper cake out of Pear Pizzazz and Early Espresso Cardstock.  So now you understand my title today :)

There is a purpose to this cake though.  This is what I call a "book to look" cake.  I will be bringing this tempting dessert to all my workshops this fall.  If you are interested in booking a party with me that night, you will get a slice of my cake.  The inside has a yummy treat in it AND...a coupon for free product you can redeem the night of your workshop.  Would you like to see the inside of the cake after I cut it?
Can you see the yummy layers of chocolate I baked inside that Pear Cake?  I am almost sick from how much I have eaten today.  But, I did save enough for you guys when you book your next workshop.

Here is the top view.  It almost looks like cheesecake.  MY FAVORITE!!  The "icing" flower in the middle has to be my favorite :)  Hope you come hungry to the next workshop!!

Supplies:
Piece-a-cake Template:  Click here
Paper: Pear Pizzazz, Early Epresso
Ribbon: Pear Pizzazz 1/2" stitched-poly ribbon
Tools: Itty Bitty Punch pack, 2-3/8" scallop punch, Big Shot, square lattice embossing folder, fun flowers bigz die (if you can only buy 1 die, this is the one to get!), mat pack, paper piercer
Accessories: silver brad, basic pearls (smallest one)

If you are a SU! demo, this pattern is found in our pattern library.  It's the #44 box :)

1 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE IT!! I just downloaded this pattern on Friday but haven't had a chance to make it yet. Good job.