Sunday, November 6, 2011

Place Mat

I am the most proud of this part of my place setting.  I'm not a great sewer, but I can do a straight stitch :)  Here is my place mat I made using our Spice Cake Designer Fabric.

I made it reversible for versatility :)  I didn't know how to make the fancy corners so I just did all straight stitches.

The final place mat measures 13"x18".
Each of the following measurements is the raw fabric before sewing.
The main brown piece measures 10.5" x 15.5"
The longer blue piece along the top and bottom measure 18.5" x 2"
The shorter blue strips on the left and right measure 2" x 13.5"
The back fabric and cotton batting on inside both measure 13.5" x 18.5"

That's all the info I can give you on this one.  I can't tell you how to sew it...but I'm sure there's some video on youtube :)

1 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Awesome! And now You'll need to make them like crazy in all of our fabrics!