Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Momma!!

Ya know...I'm 35 years old and I still love my mama more everyday!  I hope you all have a mother as wonderful as I do!  Today is her birthday and she has just had back surgery and I know is probably in some pain on her big day.  That stinks!  So, Mama, here is a preview of one of the cards I'll be sending you in your birthday package :)  I love you!!  Even though this isn't a birthday card, the amount of gratitude I feel for you is overwhelming and I appreciate you so much!  (I hope she isn't on too many drugs that she forgets to read my blog today :)
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Apothecary Art, Fabulous Phrases
Paper: Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, White
Ink: Night of Navy, Daffodil marker
Tools: Big Shot, Fancy Fan Embossing folder, labels framelits, simply scored tool, word window punch, decorative label punch
Accessories: New daffodil stitched ribbon, basic pearls, dimensionals

I love this card!  It's called a flipit framelit card and I am seeing it everywhere.  I had to try it out and demo it for stamp club last week.  It swivels back and forth on a 1" strip.  Here is what it looks like when you open it.
Kinda hard to tell in the picture.  This isn't a card you are going to write a novel on, but there is room for a short sentiment.  Because I don't feel like I need to reinvent the wheel, here is a video tutorial on how to make it.

1 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Love your card Beth, and know your mom will too! Hope she has a very good recovery and back to her new normal very soon! I don't have my mom or dad around any more so am always a bit envious of those who do....love your parents and brag about them and ENJOY then whenever you can! Happy 4th!