Friday, September 21, 2012

Embossed Coasters


Supplies:
Stamp Set: Lovely As A Tree
Tools: Heat Tool
Ink: versamark
Accessories: gold embossing powder

Here is a simple project that is very elegant and a wonderful gift.  I bought some stone tiles from Lowe’s.  I inked up my “Lovely as a tree” set with versamark and stamped it on the tile.  I then sprinkled it with gold embossing powder and set it with my heat tool.  One thing to remember is it takes a lot longer to set the image on a tile than on paper.  It took probably twice as long.  So, be patient.  It will happen.  I’ve also seen this done by putting the tiles in the oven.  Still takes just as long 

TODAY is the last day to sign up for the 
Holiday Blast!

2 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

These are the most beautiful tiles that I have seen...TFS!

Sharon H said...

these do make beautiful coasters, but do you protect the embossing with anything? How well does it hold up to usage?