Monday, October 1, 2012

Tooth Fairy Room

So my son is about to lose his first tooth on its own.  He had his first 2 teeth pulled so this will be the first official one to fall out.  I know a lot of you have kids who are losing teeth, whether their 1st or their 8th.  Drew and I spent a few hours yesterday and today making an adorable room for when the tooth fairy comes to visit him.  Drew was so excited and I know all your kids would be too.  I found this project on craftprojectcentral.com.  I did have to pay for this tutorial so I won't be sharing the details, but I would like to offer a class so you can make one for your child or grandchild or neice or nephew.


This explains how to use it.

Tooth Fairy Door & Accessories!
For a child, losing their first tooth can be both exciting and scary!  And for the parents, it’s another passing moment that signifies that their "baby" is growing up.  This Tooth Fairy Door project is intended to help make the arrival of the Tooth Fairy enchanting and memorable for kids and their parents alike!

The Tooth Fairy door sits on the child’s nightstand, alongside the little bed and side table.  On the bed the child lays their tooth, and on the side table, they sign a "thank you" card.  When they go to sleep, the Tooth Fairy has a way to enter quietly into their room, take the tooth and the card, and in place leaves a little gift of money or a small toy.  On her way out, she leaves the door a bit ajar, so there is no mistaking that she has been there!

Here is each piece close up.






I will show you how to do the cloud technique using a sponge dauber and a scallop circle.
If you would be interested in participating in this memorable class, please leave a comment below :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is soo cute!!! cannot wait till my little one can use it.

jenna

Carol Carriveau said...

Fabulous and I would love to make this set, but I think we are states away from each other! If you do a mail class, I would be delighted to participate! Thank you for doing this....loving the whole set!