Thursday, January 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Emily

First off, I got myself a little gift.  Do you like my new style??  I am thrilled with my new look!  Please scroll down to the bottom of the right bar to see more about the awesome girl who did this for me!!

Today is my sister, Emily's birthday.  She is my husband's sister, but I thank God that she is!  She is my best friend and I love her dearly.  SO...I made her something special.

Have you ever heard of Mojo Monday?  It's a blog that gives templates that will help your creativity start flowing.  Then, you can submit your creation to share with others.  I wanted to make an original card, but I need all the help I can get.  So I looked through til I found a template that interested me.  This is what I chose.


Then, you let your imagination go wild.  I will not lie, when I play along with these challenges, I spend hours getting it just right.  I'll use over 20 different products. Sometimes I like what I come up with and sometimes not so much.  But, fortunately for my sister, I was pleased.
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Artistic Etchings, French Script, collage curios, family reunion, fabulous phrases
Paper: Vanilla, Primrose Petals, Pretty in Pink, Poetry DSP, soft suede
Ink: Soft Suede (ink and marker), versamark
Tools: Paper piercing pack, sponge dauber, distressing tool (love it!), scallop trim border punch, heat tool, jewelry tag punch, 1" circle punch
Accessories: bottle tops, gold embossing powder, crochet ribbon, basic pearls, dimensionals, glue dots

How'd I do?  Do you see how I used the template?  I started with the center rectangle and created out.  I really hope she likes it!  Of course, I had to mail it in a bubble mailer, but she's worth it :)

1 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

If she does not love this, then she must be reduced to just SIL...LOL! Of course she will love it...and you rocked on this framed art piece!