Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day and tutorial

A few weeks ago I participated in an event at our downtown library.  It was a valentine themed event.  What I didn't realize was I was surrounded by romance novelists.  That was fine except I took my 6 year old son to be my assistant.  As you can imagine, these writers' books were on display at their tables.  When I peeked around, I mostly saw scantily clothed men and women holding each other in a "warm" embrace.  That was the first red flag.  Then each writer went to the microphone to talk about their book.  As soon as I realized what was happening, I quickly went up to the organizer and said, "Is there going to be anything said that my 6 year old shouldn't hear?"  She said no.  Thank goodness.  I was very worried.  I was surrounded by horny middle-aged women.

I was told to demo projects for 2 hours.  I enjoyed that.  I got a lot of cross stitch done on the cute Sweet Threads kit.  I always like to make a special door prize.  This one beats every one I've ever made.  Am I a bad person b/c I was secretly mad that the lady who won my prize doesn't even craft?  I was mad!  Because a crafter deserved this work of art.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: From My Heart, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Primrose Petals Core D'nation paper, White, pool party, More Amore Laser cut DSP (red scallop heart)
Ink: Pool Party, Primrose Petals
Tools: Big Shot, designer rosette die, honeycomb embossing folder, word window punch, 2.5" circle punch
Accessories: tea lace doilies, pool party ruffled ribbon, jumbo rhinestones, SAB pool party ribbon

On this day of love, I just wanted to run out of the room and not give my bag away.  I was too proud.

Correction.  If you wanted the dimensions for the box pleat, please click here.

0 comments: