Saturday, March 16, 2013

Wedding Shower Thank Yous

Spring Surprise
Just when I started to get comfortable with all the products in the spring catalog, SU! starts teasing us with sneak peeks from the new annual catalog coming out June 1st.  And here it is and it is available to you! 
Dates: March 15 - May 30, 2013
Price
Description
Item #
$23.95
Spring Surprise Bundle* (English; clear)
133899
 
 
 
 

What if you already have the punch? Don't fret! Just buy the set!
Price
Description
Item #
$14.95
A Round Array Stamp Set* (English; clear)
129090
 
 
 
 
 Spring Surprise Clear-mount Bundle
 My Father-In-Law is getting married to a wonderful lady in 3 weeks.  Her friends had a shower for her today up in Nashville, so Katie and I made the trek.  Brenda really appreciates all the things I make and maybe I can get her hooked and by association, her friends :)  But, here are the gifts I made for her.

AHHHHH...what a terrible picture.  Didn't get a chance to take the picture under the lights.  I showed you the digital wedding invites I made for her a month ago.  I was staying with the same Coral/Gray combo.  It worked.  I used glossy white (Amanda) cardstock for the dress and tea for 2 DSP.  The gray and pink ribbon in the spring catty is very high quality.  I still stand by what I said earlier.  The oval framelits are essential in your arsenal of products.

I was very proud for her to show this off to all her friends.  I got this frame at Target.  They have some really fun ones right now.  I just traced the cardboard piece inside the frame and cut it out from our newspaper DSP.  The rest is adhered to the front of the glass.  I used Soft Suede and very vanilla cardstock along with our brushed gold paper in the mirror.  I stamped the sentiment on a window sheet with black stazon and then punched it out with the large oval punch.  I love the sentiment from 'Trust God'.  It gives some directions for life, but leave the rest to God.  No better advice for a newlywed :)

Then I had to make her thank you notes.  I used one of our single stamps that I think is ADORABLE!!!  It's called Towels for Two.

Towels For Two Clear-Mount Stamp Set
#132665 $5.95
Click here to see the other cute ones in this assortment.  Here's what I came up with...didn't have to think too hard.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Towels for Two
Paper: White
Ink: Calypso Coral, Basic Gray, versamark
Accessories: pewter embossing power, dimensions
Tools: Heat Tool

I just embossed the top of the stamp with the pewter and then put the towels on top with dimensionals.

Ok, enough from me today.  Have a great day!!!

1 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

The bag is so neat...the framed art piece is fabulous!!!!! Love it!!!! And the thank you cards are so sweet! Great job on all projects...am sure your dad and future step-mom are thrilled!