Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Designer Typeset Photopolymer Set

Like I've said before, I love change especially when it is taking something I love and making it even better.  I was excited to have my club try out our new photopolymer stamp set.  Everyone has their opinion about clear stamps.  Many say they've been using them for years and they're ok.  Well, as I've told you before, SU! doesn't do things like everyone else does.  Sometimes that means coming out with a product several years after another company b/c the quality doesn't stand up to SU!'s standards.  I appreciate that about them.  I'm happy to say that everyone in club seemed to love the photopolymer stamps.  Here is the card I had them make using these stamps.


Supplies:
Stamp Set: Designer Typeset
Paper: White, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake
Ink: Crumb Cake, Island Indigo
Accessories: dimensionals, indigo island baker's twine, silver buttons

I didn't want to make a fancy shmancy card.  I wanted them to focus on how these stamps felt to them.  Here are a few reasons I love this type better than wood or our current clear stamps.

1.  It sticks to the block better than anything.  You can put the smallest stamp on a clear block and rub it hard on a cleaning cloth and it won't pop off.  You literally have to peel it off the block.

2.  You barely have to tap the stamp on our ink pads.  You can see the ink filling the spaces.  You don't have to question whether your image is fully inked or not.

3.  When you use our current clear stamps, if you ink too hard or stamp too hard, you will get that ring around the stamp ink mark on your paper.  Nothing more frustrating for the new stamper who hasn't figured out the right pressure to use on the ink and the paper.  These stamps are so strong that you can rock them back and forth and not get that ring.  The image is the crispest yet.

4.  No need for the stamp-a-majig.  Because the material is clear, you can see exactly where you are stamping.

I am sad to say there aren't any photopolymer sets in the new catalog.  I called concern b/c I am so in love with them.  Because SU! is just getting the feel for how people are reacting to them, they are being careful.  The Designer Typeset and the Bombs Away Birthday sets are the only ones available right now, but I got the impression they will release a few at a time while they feel everyone out!

So, DO take my word for it....try these out!!




Bombs Away Birthday Stamp Set
Bombs Away Birthday $13.95 #133411

Designer Typeset Photopolymer Stamp Set - Stampin' Up!
Designer Typeset Photopolymer.  $12.95 #132956

0 comments: