Sunday, April 28, 2013

Lattice Fold Card and mosaic technique

We had another awesome Stamp Club Thursday night.  I spent the majority of the time telling them all about My Digital Studio.  I am so hooked.  I've been doing more of that than paper lately.  There's room for both in my life :)  But, the coolest thing we did tonight was a lattice fold card.  Other than the lattice fold itself, I am proud to say I made this one all by my little self :)  They were very intimidated by the card and then after I walked them through it, they all said, "that was easy."  I wish I had the staples easy button with me.  Here's what we made.
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Amazing Family, Family Reunion
Paper: Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Natural Composition DSP
Ink: Early Espresso, Verasmark
Tools: Big Shot, Dressed Up Framelits, simply scored tool, diagonal plate, cross stitch embossing folder, heat tool, brayer, color spritzer
Accessories: early espresso embossing powder, rosette ribbon, dimensionals, glue dots

Click here to watch the video on this technique.

The next technique I used on this card is a mosaic technique.  Can you see the different patterns in the dress form?  I tore several small pieces to create the fun pattern.  The fun part about this is the embossed paper.  After I brayered it, I was able to use a cloth to wipe off the ink from the embossed image and it stuck out very well.  You can tear your pieces or if you like a cleaner look, use scissors to cut different shapes.  Click here to see the blog where I found this.  One more tips.  For this collage technique, use your silicone sheet.  You can get adhesive all the way around the edges of the torn paper and the adhesive won't stick to the silicone.  No more adhesive leftovers on your grid sheets :)

If you like this card, The Family Reunion Stamp set and the color spritzer are retiring...get em while they last :)


1 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

This is a fabulous technique and thank you for sharing the link and her video...wonderful! Beautiful card and so different... Love the colors you used and now have to check out the mosiac technique. Thanks again for sharing all of this wonderful information!