Sunday, May 12, 2013

More Digital vs. Paper Butterflies

FYI...There are 2 cards and 2 videos in this post :)

I'm sitting here with my Mom and Dad who came to visit me this weekend.  I have been biting at the bit to teach her about My Digital Studio.  So, I just showed her how to take this paper butterfly card and do the same thing digitally.  She says she was very impressed.  She's an effervescer by nature.  We pop like soda, she and I :)

Just on another note, my dear stamping friend, Moe, accosted me the other day very concerned that I was going digital.  I had to admit that I was getting a little wrapped up in it.  It's been around for years so why I'm picking now to get all pumped about it, not quite sure.  Anyway, I was reminded that the majority of my stamp circle is still paper and ink.  I usually get down on SU! this time of year just waiting for the new products to come out.  I need new stuff.  Finally got my catalog this week and, Moe, I am so excited to start paper crafting again.  I've seen some really pretty stuff and can't wait to show it to you.  I digress...

Here is what I wanted to show you today.
Supplies:
Stamp Set: En Francais
Paper: White, Real Red
Ink: Baja Breeze, Island Indigo
Tools: Owl punch (heart), Big Shot, Beautiful Wings die
Accessories: Basic pearls

I posted this card several weeks ago.  It was featured by the home office.  It's called Reverse Masking and here is the video again to show you how to do it.


So, now that you are all educated about Reverse Masking, here is my digital take on this same card. 

In MDS, the butterfly image is listed under punches.  Making this card was much easier digitally, but in my opinion, not as affective.  Now, I do not know how to mask using MDS yet, but I do know how to do something really cool.    It's called "attach to shape".  I had my mom recite one of her favorite hymns and I put it into a textbox.  Then, I attached it to the butterfly punch.  I'll dig around and see if I can figure out how to get the same effect as the paper masking.  This was the best I could do with the knowledge I have right now.  I did add a blue mat around it just so it could be seen better on this white background.

Be sure to check out this Video from Heather Summers on how to do this technique on MDS.  Visit her blog, she is a great resource for MDS techniques.




Here are the digital supplies:

Page 1 Supply List

Background
     Card Stock\Baja Breeze

Embellishments
    Basic Pearls and Rhinestones\Basic Pearls and Rhinestones - pearl large
    Basic Pearls and Rhinestones\Basic Pearls and Rhinestones - pearl large
    Basic Pearls and Rhinestones\Basic Pearls and Rhinestones - pearl large

Punches
    Extras\Butterfly shape - 1, Fill Color = BAJA BREEZE 141,189,193
    Hearts\Small Heart Punch, Fill Color = REAL RED 199,44,58

Photos
    Card Stock\Whisper White

Page 4 Supply ListEmbellishments

0 comments: